Berkeley Symphony Orchestra Website
Stoverpix worked with Graybird Foundation to launch a new modern and responsive website for Berkeley Symphony Orchestra with a requirement to automize the flow of data from their ticketing vendor to the calendar but still allow the ability to add more content like videos, Venue information, nearby dining, parking, expanded artist info, composer bios and more.
I use the Events Manager plugin as my go-to calendar plugin because of the ability to style the content in any way I can imagine—also there is no yearly fee for the plugin which is important for non-profits. It’s super easy to manage the templates around whatever html/css code you want as a wrapper so there is no limit to how you style the content.
Notable features of the website include:
- Ken Burns style hero banner
- Homepage events feature rows with built-in, auto optimized features which completely reformat content for mobile optimization. Try it out… just make your browser window narrow to experience.
- Easy auto-import content from ticketing partner to events section
- Total control to build upon the auto imported content for event pages
- Customized event listing pages
- Customized people section for composers, artists, staff and more.
- Partner dining section as well as easy to manage Season Sponsor module
- Social sharing sticky sidebar to share any page.
- Popup subscribe feature which only deploys once after scroll to bottom of page so as not to be overly obnoxious.
- Special musicians login section